Hospitals procure for a complex range of products and services. Some of the highly specialized needs of hospitals fall outside of the traditional Group Purchasing Organization categories. Signature Contracts – a unique HealthPRO offering – was developed to respond to these requirements allowing members to achieve optimal savings and efficiencies.
A Signature Contract is a service provided for a member or member group. HealthPRO conducts the sourcing process on their behalf and manages the resulting contract. Signature Contract opportunities arise because the member wishes to use the procurement power, experience and resources of HealthPRO and appreciates the magnitude of work involved in managing specialized supply categories. Contract decisions are made by the member using their own evaluation committees.
>> Marketplace leverage
As Canada’s largest group purchasing organization, HealthPRO is able to use its marketplace leverage to interest suppliers in offering the most competitive price and procurement efficiencies in new or previously untapped areas. For their part, suppliers appreciate the opportunity that working with HealthPRO affords them to expand their customer base.
>> Member's own team make contract decisions
Signature Contracts are based on the criteria of the participating member and contract decisions are made by the member’s own clinical and procurement professionals. All the associated work is done by HealthPRO.
>> How it works
HealthPRO works on the member's behalf to:
Examples of completed
- Identify all products that would be required for the service/contract including consumable and capital equipment;
- Develop and issue the Request for Proposal using the specifications set out by the member;
- Facilitate on-site product evaluations;
- Analyze and present the evaluation results to the member’s purchasing team and clinical committees to support their contract decision;
- Negotiate and develop the contract with the supplier;
- Facilitate the implementation of the contract in the member’s facility.
HealthPRO Signature Contracts:
- Intraocular lenses – savings of 17%
- Orthopaedic implants – savings of 20%
- Angio catheters – savings of 19%
- Vascular grafts – savings of 16%
>> Why use us?
- Strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and management are our core competencies. You can be confident that we will work with your clinical and procurement professions and the supplier community to achieve the best value for you.
- You set the product and contract criteria and make the award decision. We work on your behalf to facilitate the purchasing process, from product identification and evaluation, through to award and implementation.
- As a member of HealthPRO – Canada’s largest GPO – you have tremendous purchasing power working on your behalf.
- Our team of experienced procurement and health care experts understand the health care environment.
- HealthPRO has a solid track record of success.